New Home Buyers
A skilled REALTOR® must have extensive knowledge of the local market, can help you avoid the common pitfalls of buying a new home and are there to help make the whole buying process less intimidating. Whether it is finding a home inspector, guiding you through the purchasing/mortgage process, or locating an investment property for you, the right Real Estate Agent can make all the difference in the world.
- Transfer all bank accounts and have your bank recommend an affiliate
- Have vehicles tuned up, change insurance accordingly
- Arrange for a moving company
- Leave keys and necessary legal papers with your REALTOR®
- Have your prescriptions refilled
- Must your will be re-written with inter-provincial moving?
- Change of address to: Driver's licence, medical services plan, post office, credit card accounts, friends/relatives, subscriptions
- Notify insurance companies: Health, life, auto, home owners, coverage while en route
- Utilities, refunds, final bills: Hydro, telephone, cable, internet, gas, water rental.
- Obtain all records: Dentist, doctor, optometrist, specialists, school, birth, baptismal, legal documents
- Cancel deliveries: Newspapers, magazines, milk, water.
- Transfer memberships: Clubs, organizations, church, charities
Resources for Buying a Home:
STEP 1: Deciding to buy a home
STEP 2: Choosing a Realtor
STEP 3: Understanding home financing
STEP 4: Finding the right home to buy
STEP 5: Making an offer on a home
STEP 6: What to do before buying a house
STEP 7: Closing on a home
STEP 8: Moving into your new home